Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Post 2

It's hard to believe that this synesthesia thing has been around so long, yet I have never heard of it before. It was never brought up in my history classes, my art classes, or my art history classes, but it seems TOTALLY AWESOME! Man, I wish I had that. It's like bringing a whole new dimension to the world. 4D.

But it does make me wonder, if the number 3 appears in red to a person, what if that same number is colored blue. Does that make purple? I'm sure not, but can you write in a way that would change the color? What if I was to right the number 3 with very jagged lines and sharp points... Would that effectively change the perception of it?

I have experimented with the kind of thing before, and it actually is what I used to do with scripts in high school. I would color code my lines to evoke a certain feeling, so that I could be looser with how I spoke the lines, but memorized what emotion is supposed to be conveyed. It actually worked pretty well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment